Monday, October 27, 2008

Progress!

I'm so excited! Today's trip to the OB revealed that I am between 1 and 2 centimeters dilated and 80% effaced. Woo hoo! I wasn't expecting that, and now I am anticipating Uno's arrival more than ever. My strep test was negative, and everything else looked good, too.

Dr. S said she does not think Uno will be as big as 8 lbs when he arrives. Glad to hear that. She did say it could be another two weeks before he gets here, even though I have started dilating. Frankly, I kind of need two more weeks to finish work and get ready, but whenever he comes after Sunday, when I will be officially 37 weeks and full term, will be fine. Dr. S added that the first 3 centimeters can take the longest, so since I am already progressing, she said I should not have one of those 20-hour labors. Well, that sounds just fine to me! Let's hope she's right.

HK and I had a class with the doula yesterday, and we found it very worthwhile. It reinforced some things we heard in the hospital class and gave us some new information, too. She tried to teach the moms the most effective way to push during delivery. Hopefully that will help me help Uno get out faster.

On another note, if you have a moment, please say a prayer for Sara, as she endures a rough pregnancy that is really taking its toll on her.

2 comments:

Lost in Space said...

Yay for progress!! I hope all goes smooth and easy. Would you smack me if I asked asked you to try to wait until the 7th (my birthday) to deliver? (:

Lots of prayers for Sara. I'm a fellow Sara and Brynn stalker. (:

kaaron said...

Am so jealous. I want to be dilated and effaced too. :( I am glad things are going so well for you!