Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy and sad

After more than a month of silence, I am happy to return and report that little Uno is doing great. I had my regular OB appt today, heard the heartbeat, and breathed a little easier. We're 15 weeks along now, and the second trimester is living up to its promises of more energy and less of feeling sick. Very nice.

HK painted Uno's room over the Memorial Day weekend - with "No VOC" paint from ICI. That's "volatile organic compounds" for those who don't know. It has fewer toxic fumes and is recommended for schools, nursing homes, and my baby's room, according to the pregnancy books. It's a pretty, light green, to match a quilt I am making, and I promise to post pictures later. HK did a great job on the painting.

Only one month until we get to find out if Uno is a boy or a girl! I have given up on perusing the baby name books until we know, otherwise I feel like 50% of my time will have been wasted. My belly is getting bigger, and I am loving the hand-me-down maternity clothes. It's so refreshing to let my stomach stick out as far as it wants to, and people think it's just adorable! I am relishing this.

Unfortunately, May ended on a sad note, as our wonderful dog, Max, became suddenly very sick, and we had to say goodbye to him on May 21st. Max was HK's dog for over 10 years, since HK adopted him from the pound when he was just a little puppy. He truly was the sweetest, best dog I ever had, and we still feel his absence every day. Thanks to all our friends and family for your notes of sympathy, and even flowers, too. We are very blessed by you.

That's all for now. If you have a special pet of your own, spend some extra quality time with it today.

4 comments:

Heavy Kevie said...

Hey Sweetie,

Great post. Keep sticking that stomach out, because it is adorable. Sweet words about Max, and good advice to other pet owners. We need to make sure we're soaking up O and O while we can.

You're SO great!
I love you,
HK

Brenda said...

Welcome back!!! Thanks for dinner last night. It was good to be together again. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Uno's room. You and Kevin have done a beautiful job.

Loved you are!!
Brenda

sara said...

I am happy to hear how you're doing, and that little Uno is doing well! I am so sorry about Max. They are truly like family members. I have spent a lot of time with my dog today since I'm on bedrest following my surgery. I think she'll become my new best friend in the weeks ahead. Welcome back!

Wendy said...

I just wanted to say hello. A friend online said I should check out your blog. We're in the same boat - retrieved 5 and we're left with 1 that fertilized. I hope this little one is our own little "uno". Thanks for writing about on your blog about all this - It's good to know that we're not alone, isn't it?